OK - so I have had this house / pool for coming up on my second year. I have had my issues - as many of you have - and I have just gotten it cleaned up a bit this season. Starting to 'get it' as they say but still learning a lot.
Here's my deal - as I read through some of these posts and familiarizing myself with the pool math page, I am seeing that I probably don't have to be spending my money on some of the more expensive products out there - like using bleach as opposed to 'Shock' etc.
So - I have this unlabeled bottle of what I presume is an acid of some type - it came with the house. I opened it and took a whiff awhile back and nearly burned all the hair out of my nose and singed my lungs.
Is there a way to definitively say which it is - Muriatic or Cyanuric?
I have been using Arm and Hammer Clear Balance tablets, and while expensive, they do seem to work - but I would rather try to save some bucks and figure out this acid thing.
Any help would be wonderful.