Aqua Leader Above Ground Pool - Skimmer/piping help

May 22, 2014
Manitoba
Soooo we have an Aqua Leader 21' a/g round pool. A company closed my pool fall of 2012. They didn't lower the water down enough, and the skimmer cracked. I hired a different company last spring to open the pool, replace the skimmer, and then in the fall to close the pool.
Our pool has pvc pipe from the skimmer, goes underground and to the pump. I noticed they didn't disconnect the pipes from the skimmer. But, I trusted they knew what they were doing. Yesterday, I decided I was going to attempt to open the pool myself (how hard can it be? lol). But when I opened up the skimmer lid, I saw it. The skimmer is cracked along the bottom. Now, we had a really harsh winter here in Manitoba. I "think" the pipes pushed up from the frost, and busted the skimmer. When I asked the company, they said "it's possible" then said they could come Saturday to replace it (at my cost) :mad:
My questions are: Is it customary to disconnect the pipes from the skimmer? Is it hard to replace the skimmer myself?

TIA!

I am not sure on disconnecting the PVC for winterization but you can replace the skimmer yourself. :goodjob:

Welcome to TFP. :wave:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.