OK, now another issue

May 7, 2014
Nashville
Pool was semi-clear and 3/4 full. I put 2 hoses in and filled it up to skimmer level so I could vacuum. However this is when I found my motor to be seized. I got a new pump and put it on. In the time this took the water turned green and I couldn't see the bottom to vacuum effectively. I chem'd it up and it looked like it was ready to clear up but didn't. I decided to go ahead and vacuum blind in hopes it would help.
This is when I vacuumed sand off the bottom by the return. The whole pump filled immediately. I cleaned it out, put the nose back down and BOOM it filled with sand again. Now I know why the pool wouldn't clear up, but why was there sand in the pool? I took the head off and there was the problem. The white pipe going down from the head was busted all to pieces. I can't understand how the thing didn't pump every bit of sand into the pool, but it didn't.
Not only was the white pipe busted, but the top of the "spider" that goes into the sand was also cracked. I took the screws out of that since the white pipe was obviously permanently attached and took it to the pool store. They couldn't identify the correct replacement part. I need the white pipe and the top of the "spider" that goes into the sand. Can anyone assist?
The side of the Hayward head says sp714a.
The part I need says H-S202-F
I have searched and can't find what I need.

Not only do I need that part, but how do I determine how much sand I lost? Should I just empty the whole thing and start new?

- - - Updated - - -

My "spider" or lateral assembly looks identical to the one in the deep cleaning a sand filter thread.

OK. Disaster averted. My neighbor had a pump off a pool he tore down. I looked and what he had was identical. What are the odds? I took the sand out, inserted the new used lateral, put the sand back in and hooked it all up. Everything went pretty smooth. The side says 250lbs of sand. I would guess I lost 30lbs. I think it will be fine for the short term. I turned it on and NOW the chlorinator is shooting water out the bottom. Should I just do away with it? Here is how it is plumbed. All suggestions welcomed. Pic is from before I changed the pump.

It looks like you can cut just above the 90 on the right side of the tablet feeder, then lift the feeder up and spin it off the T. Then you can get a female thread to slip PVC adapter, a new 90, and a coupler. After fixing that, you need to get rid of the flimsy flex hose on the suction side so it doesn't collapse and cause cavitation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.