Soapy surface

wags73

May 22, 2014
Paris, IL
bubbles.jpg

I need to know what is going on with my pool. I have a SWG/fiberglass pool and my numbers are Fc-3, Cc-1.5, Ph -7.5, TA-170, CYA-80, CH-320. I know my TA needs to come down and I plan on adding acid and aerating. The pictures below show the bubbles/soapiness that I continue to have during normal operation. What do I need to do?

Welcome to TFP!

Have you used any algaecides in the pool lately? Some are prone to causing foam in the water.

Regardless of the source, raising your chlorine level and increasing your pump run time will probably take care of it. The higher you take the chlorine, the faster it will clear it, though that might mess with weekend swimming plans.

I need to know what is going on with my pool. I have a SWG/fiberglass pool and my numbers are Fc-3, Cc-1.5, Ph -7.5, TA-170, CYA-80, CH-320. I know my TA needs to come down and I plan on adding acid and aerating. The pictures below show the bubbles/soapiness that I continue to have during normal operation. What do I need to do?
With CC of 1.5, you should follow the SLAM process. Here: http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/125-slam-shock-level-and-maintain-shockingl

Welcome to TFP :wave:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.