I bought my house this winter and the 26,000gal inground pool was covered. I uncovered it a few weeks ago and it is completely green. The algae is out of control. Clearly the pool was not winterized properly and now it is my problem. I've heavily shocked it (20lbs of shock). This has has little affect on it. It has made is slightly less green. I have also brushed down the sides and bottom every day and the pump is running 24/7. My test strips are reading total chlorine in the ok range. Free chlorine in the very, very low range. pH is all over the place. One day it will be really high and the next it will be really low. Hardness is in the ok range. Alkline is low. From what I have read I need to add liquid chlorine and/or bleach to get the free chlorine levels up, right? Is one better than the other? Should I mix? Please help. I'm at a loss.