Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cycle Timer - need help identifying

1. Back To Top    #1

Cycle Timer - need help identifying

I hope I am posting in the correct area.

I am starting my second year of pool operation. TFP has become an invaluable resource for me. Kudos!

We purchased a home with IG pool in Dec 2012. It was installed somewhere in mid 80's I believe.

I have tried numerous web image searches for timers hoping to match what I have. But no luck.

I have no idea how to set these timers (2). But I really need to manage the electricity side of this effort.

I am attaching a picture, in hopes that someone will recognize this timer. I cannot find any identifying marks aside from the area in the bottom right where it looks like a label may have been affixed. The only other markings are in upper right corner is red lettered abbreviation (?) BR (picture) and CR (on the 2nd identical timer)

Thanks in advance.
    25k+ IG irregular Marcite 1980, owned since Dec 2012, StaRite MAX-E-GLAS 3/4hp motor/pump, Hayward S-240 sand filter, Hayward Vari-Flo 710x32 valve. Hayward Heater (pass-thru only). 2 skimmers w/socks, single main drain, Nautilus Dolphin DX4 in 2014.
    liquid Cl 10-12%, liquid MA 31.45%, granulated CYA 96%, well-water.
    TF-100, SpeedStir, K-1716 Iron test, K-1730 Copper test

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW PA

Re: Cycle Timer - need help identifying

Welcome jtemplin.

I can not help you but maybe someone can. Good luck!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

I don't know the brand, but it just looks like you're missing the trippers. See the rust dots at 6:30 PM and at 5 AM? That's where they were.

Is it worth a couple bucks' gamble to buy some Intermatic trippers and see if they work?
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

If you can't find anything on the net for this, I would upgrade it to something newer. Is this in a stand alone enclosure? Meaning there aren't any breakers also in the box. You can get a stand alone Intermatic timer for $50-$60 and then you know what you have. Or you might get lucky and if your current timer is in an enclosure that you can just swap the clock guts it would probably be less. Food for thought.

A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you.