Robotic Pool Cleaner $300 Budget

I don't know if you are aware but the mx8 has a $100 mail-in rebate, which brings i down to 300. The only negatives I've experienced are it does get stuck with large debris (e.g. leaves) and small hard debris (small stones and acorns). This usually happens when I first open the pool, as I don't get much debris during the summer.

Thanks for all the help. I placed an order for Wanda the Wale. Hopefully it will work better then the crawler.

You will probably need to add 2 lengths of hose to the new cleaner maybe three with the size pool you have. I used the old hose from my creep crawler, i added two for my 24 I think they want like 2 hose lengths longer stretched across your pool.
Also the hose needs to be stored straight and unconnected to avoid any memory issues
I hope it works out for you.

You will probably need to add 2 lengths of hose to the new cleaner maybe three with the size pool you have. I used the old hose from my creep crawler, i added two for my 24 I think they want like 2 hose lengths longer stretched across your pool.
Also the hose needs to be stored straight and unconnected to avoid any memory issues
I hope it works out for you.
I store my hose sections in plastic hose container something like that: plastic container.jpg Fits perfectly.

Re: Pool cleaner budget around $300

My two-wheel Pool Cleaner came with our in-ground pool when we bought our house in 2004. I don’t know how long the previous owner used The Pool Cleaner, but for ten years, we haven’t had any trouble with it until yesterday when it went immobile. We’re moving again and I didn’t want the expense of a new cleaner. A replacement costs about $350.00. I could not find a repair shop so decided there was nothing to lose by taking it apart myself. I’m 88 by the way.

Using a number 2 Phillips I removed the only three screws in sight. After moving the housing over the hose a foot, the interior was exposed. I could not find anything wrong; all the gears looked in good shape. However, the wheels didn’t turn. After some hesitation, I got an Allen wrench, about 3/16 in size, and removed the screw holding each wheel to its axel.

With everything now exposed, I noticed a blade had come loose from its slot. Why, I have no idea. I put it back in place. The wheels now turned easily and I found nothing that looked like trouble. I reattached the wheels and the housing, turned the pump on, and the Pool Cleaner worked fine.

If anyone has a problem with their Pool Cleaner, I suggest taking it apart. There is nothing complex inside. I don’t know what the problem was with my unit; perhaps some debris got caught in the blade. Still, considering that the previous owner used The Pool Cleaner, that unit could well be over twelve-fifteen years old, and it works fine. I highly recommend this cleaner.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.