Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Robotic pool cleaner question

1. Back To Top    #1

Robotic pool cleaner question

We need a new pool cleaner and considering a robotic. We currently have a polaris 280 which is set up to run automatically each day. We have a timer which will start the 280 cleaner at the same time each day. Can the robotic cleaners be set to automatically run either daily or every other day. We like the convenience of having it automatic as opposed to physically start it each day. Thank you
    pool products ~ above ground pools

"The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it." ~ Woodrow T. Wilson

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Re: Robotic pool cleaner question

Sort of Yes and sort of No.

Many of the robotics have patterned timers like you are looking for. The issue is that many or most robotic manufacturers do not want you to keep the robot in the pool 24/7.

I believe the reasoning is that a chlorinated environment is not good for the seals necessary to make the motors waterproof. My personal jury is out on that but I don't know what material they use to make the seals and I don't know if they all use the same material.

I'm not sure it is a warranty issue but if real damage or shortened life is a possibility, who needs that hassle?

Naturally, the next question is why would they include an interval program if they didn't want them submerged 24/7
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Long Island, NY

Re: Robotic pool cleaner question

I know I have a Polaris 9300xi and I would never leave it in the pool 24x7. One reason why is that I've taught my children they should never go into the pool while the robot is in (electrical shock hazard) I also dont need to put it in daily (usually weekly) to clean the pool but to Duraleigh's point, I do believe it voids the warranty.
    25K Gallon IG Vinyl Liner w/ concrete walls True "L" 16X32X16, Hayward EcoStar VS pump, Hayward Swimclear C4030 Filter, Hayward 21104T Heat Pro Titanium Heat Pump, Hayward Aqua Plus SWG + Automation, 2 Hayward Color Logic 4.0 LED lights, Polaris 9300 cleaner. TF-100 test kit.