Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Tiny bugs in pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Tiny bugs in pool

Mod edit - Resurrecting a 4 year old thread is usually not going to be helpful. Start a new thread for your issues.

Hi. I had an exterminator stop to just ID the black flying what I thought were ants. He said they are from the wasp family these bugs. I could not get rid of them regardless of what I put in the pool. They bite and I get a small raised area but doesn't last long. I read somewhere that light colored pool liners attract them. I have an AG 24 ft round.

2. Back To Top    #2
    DFW, Texas

Re: Tiny bugs in pool

If you are maintaining proper chlorine levels according to the pool's CYA level and you still have the bugs, you can add borates up to a maximum of 50 parts per million (ppm). Check out the Pool Math tool for assistance with the dosage amounts.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.