Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cantilever or coping?

1. Back To Top    #1

Cantilever or coping?

We are starting our excavation today, but still have some things up in the air. One big one is what we are going to do for our coping and deck. I've seen some stamped concrete decks with cantilever edges instead of coping that we really like. Are there any downsides to this compared to just using flagstone coping like our PB wants us to?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Cantilever or coping?

I really like the clean edge of cantilever, if doing a concrete deck. We were doing that if we did concrete. We ended up with pavers, so stone coping is how we went for that. Will you have a SWG? What type of pool? Some materials hold up better than others with the salt, so I've heard. The salt content is pretty low, but sealing is more important with natural stones I'm told.
    24'x40' 25k gal Imperial Mountain Pond IGP, full 28 mil VynAll Ocean Breakers liner. All Hayward system: 140k BTU HeatPro heat pump, 3/4HP single speed TriStar 2" Pump, DE6020 filter, AquaPlus Automation/Salt Chlorination, remote controls, ColorLogic 4.0 lighting. Polaris 280 w/PB4-60 BP. TF100 & K1766 test kits. Rinox Palazzo pavers and Spherik coping. Pool installed 9/2013, project completed 6/16/14.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Cantilever or coping?

No saltwater here. Had some relatives have real bad experiences with their SWG, so she doesn't want to go with that.