Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Skimmer for Intex pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Our Build 2016 14.5' x 26' IG Pebble, 14.5K Gal. 3.5' - 6.5' deep, 5 returns, 2 Skimmers, Hayward VS pump, Hayward 525 Cartridge Filter, Hayward E-Command 4, Heliocol Solar, Hayward LED Light, Paramount Ultraviolet, Polaris 280, AquaRite Pro, T-CELL-15, Sense and Dispense (HL-CHEM), Ph Dispense System (AQL-CHEM3) , Taylor K-2006 with SpeedStir

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Skimmer for Intex pool

I went with the Hayward Widemouth
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...CNYIN6P5CGQ44Q

9 ft x 18 ft x 52 in Intex Ultra Frame
    1,200gal Intex Krystal Clear™ Sand Filter Pump
    Hayward Wide Mouth Skimmer MODEL SP1090WM

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by rpeters12 View Post
    I went with the Hayward Widemouth
    Thanks for replying.
    Can i ask why?
    Our Build 2016 14.5' x 26' IG Pebble, 14.5K Gal. 3.5' - 6.5' deep, 5 returns, 2 Skimmers, Hayward VS pump, Hayward 525 Cartridge Filter, Hayward E-Command 4, Heliocol Solar, Hayward LED Light, Paramount Ultraviolet, Polaris 280, AquaRite Pro, T-CELL-15, Sense and Dispense (HL-CHEM), Ph Dispense System (AQL-CHEM3) , Taylor K-2006 with SpeedStir

4. Back To Top    #4

It has been over a year since I bought it. However what made me pick the widemouth was it was little shorter (I can't remember the exact size, it wasn't much) that than the square one. I didn't want my water level to drop more than it had to with a skimmer. Also I thought the widemouth would allow more leaves to get sucked in. I have a big oak tree over my pool. It works great, I recommend it to anyone.

5. Back To Top    #5

RPeters, did you plumb in the old intake as well? I can't quite tell from the picture if that ties inline with the new skimmer or if it just leads to a shutoff.

Thanks!

6. Back To Top    #6

@Synergy2 I did tie in the old intake. I will take some pictures this weekend for you to see.

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

Just another perspective.. I also have a rectangle Intex pool, mine is the 18 x 9 x 52... I just purchased my Hayward DynaSkim SP1091LX from Amazon about an hour ago... I didn't go with the widemouth as I don't have trees hanging over my pool, and I only wanted to cut a small hole in the pool...

I'm lucky my pool has 2 factory fitted suctions and one return, I'm changing one of the suctions to a return and installing the skimmer so I'll have two returns and two suctions including the skimmer...
    Intex Rectangle 18 x 9 x 52', 4544 gallon (18000 litres), 0.75 hp pool pump, 100 sqft Zodiac Titan Cartridge Filter - 40mm, Stenner Peristaltic Pump chlorine injection system, Intex Over The Wall Skimmer, Intex Fittings with 40mm plumbing Lil Patch Of Heaven. Build/Construction http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...lice-of-heaven