Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Is CH important when you have a vinyl lined pool with a Hayward gas pool heater

1. Back To Top    #1

Is CH important when you have a vinyl lined pool with a Hayward gas pool heater

Hello
    MY CH is slightly low, and I am wondering if I need to raise it because I have a pool heater. I saw comments on this site that CH is not that important for vinyl liners, just make sure its not too high.

But what is the affect on the pool equipment if its slightly low, particular importance to me is my pool heater. In the northeast, a pool without a heater is not much use, unless its above an above ground pool or gets almost total sun.

Thanks
    Scott
    -- Scott
    18 x 36 vinyl lined in-ground pool
    Hayward DE Filter
    Hayward Super Pump
    Hayward Propane Heater

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Is CH important when you have a vinyl lined pool with a Hayward gas pool heater

CH makes no difference to the heater at all. However, some heater warranties can be invalidated due to low CH levels (even though it makes no difference).
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Is CH important when you have a vinyl lined pool with a Hayward gas pool heater

okay thanks
    my heater is long past its warranty, its past 10 years old and I am trying to get the most life I can out of it.
    -- Scott
    18 x 36 vinyl lined in-ground pool
    Hayward DE Filter
    Hayward Super Pump
    Hayward Propane Heater