New Hayward S244T filter pressure drop from 14 to 12

Apr 1, 2014
Mansfield, OH
All,
Just had a Hayward S244T sand filter installed, it's been running about a week now. The first week, the normal operating pressure was around 14 PSI. I have had to backwash 3 times since cleaning the pool because of a battle with algea. Just yesterday after back washing, I have noticed that now it sits at 12 P.S.I instead of 14 now. Should I be concerned?
-Dan

It is hard to say as you only have a week of history on it. Is this the same pump feeding it that you have always had or was that changed too. What kind of pressure did you see from the old filter?

One thing I tell people to do is get accustomed to feeling the flow from the return nozzles when you check the gage. I can tell within about 2# of what the gage is reading just by feeling the return flow. This way if something happens to the gage you have some sort of a backup.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.