Removing Water To Lower CYA

Multivalve to waste will work till the water gets below the skimmer line. Some folks rent submersible pumps. You can start a siphon using a plain old water hose as well. What kind of pool we talking about. Please add a signature line with equipment to your profile.

Sorry about that, I did leave that info out didnt I...

I have a 16 x 36 rectangular inground vinyl liner pool of about 26,000 gallons with a Hayward DE filter and Hayward pump.

I can set the suction side to main drain instead of skimmers, that should take care of the problem correct? I have a friend that has a submersible pump as well. Might opt to do that.

You might be able to get a good bit out if you can isolate the floor ... don't turn off the pump though or you may not get prime back. Keep an eye on it and it you start to get air in the pump basket, you will need to stop and use the submersible.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.