Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What's left ?

1. Back To Top    #1

What's left ?

Ok so my good is green and my levels seem to be in the ideal range except for the stabilizer which somehow spiked up. I had my water tested and they told me too much copper. I added 2 bottles of Metal free, twice which solved the copper problem. And then told me my chlorine was too high, so I added neutralizer. Then I needed to increase me alkalinity. THEN my ph was extremely low and I added a bunch of that which is now ok. But it's still green!
    And oh yeah I've been running my filter 24/7.
    Anyone have any idea what could be going on here?
    👧🔫

17K gallon, IG, plaster, Sand filter
    Using Tapatalk

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What's left ?

Welcome to TFP!

I really recommend that you think about getting your own top quality test kit and testing your own water. With water levels that are "green" you really don't know what is going on and it is just guess work about what needs to be adjusted and what doesn't.

Also, your pool store is giving you some not so great advice. Sunlight burns off chlorine fairly quickly, so it doesn't make a lot of sense to use chlorine neutralizer, and with imprecise test results your levels end up wandering all over the place.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Do you have any recommendations on a test kit?

Using Tapatalk

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to TFP!

Yup. The TF-100 with xl option is what you need since you are going to have to SLAM the pool. There is an article in Pool School comparing the recommended test kits.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

So definitely new to this forum and forums altogether, but where is this pool school article?? Lol

Using Tapatalk

6. Back To Top    #6

Did you find Pool School? Giant button at upper right of forum page.

I think the test kit comparison is in the chemistry area : http://www.troublefreepool.com/conte...its-comparison
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter

7. Back To Top    #7

Hm, I'm using an app on my phone, probably why I couldn't find the pool school! Bcuz that link just reloads this thread... Thanks!

Using Tapatalk

8. Back To Top    #8

You can access pool school without using tapatalk.
    25k IG vinyl SWG Haywood 4830de 1.5hp TF-100

9. Back To Top    #9

I wish I would have invested in a pool kit first.. in the last 5 days I've put out $300 in chemicals... level seem to be improving but feeling a bit discouraged

Using Tapatalk

10. Back To Top    #10

You are certainly not the first to spend way too much money at the pool store, that is how most members find us ... looking for a better way.

With a proper test kit and the knowledge gained here, you can expect to spend less than that for the entire season.
    Jason, TFP Moderator

11. Back To Top    #11

So I've decided I'm draining the pool. Lol

Using Tapatalk

12. Back To Top    #12

You need to know where the ground water level is in your yard or you risk floating the pool. Unless you know what the ground water level is you should only partially drain and refill the pool.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

13. Back To Top    #13

Stay out of the pool store unless you are buying only liquid chlorine. With our methods we could have cleared your pool for less than $100 (on liquid chlorine) not sure what they sold you for $300 but it didn't do a thing... you have a giant algae bloom. I'm not sure draining is the answer...
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

14. Back To Top    #14

$300 and you're stuck with that?

Actually, I'm not surprised. Believe it or not, you probably got off light.

Be careful if you do drain. Pools will float.

16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

15. Back To Top    #15

OMG!!! Please STOP draining your pool before you risk a catastrophy!

All you need is a good quality test kit and some POP (Pool Owner Patience) and you can have a beautiful pool.

Where are you located?
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter