Newly automated... what do you think of my settings?

Feb 7, 2012
Orlando, FL
Setup - 12k gal inground, w/ built in spa, Easy Touch 4, Whisperflo 2-speed pump, IC-20, solar only heat

I finally converted to salt and bought the necessary actuators to fully automate. This forum has been a lifesaver as far as programming goes. I've run into a couple of issues and think I have solved everything, but would like someone to validate my settings (and provide any recommendations). I know it's impossible to do perfectly over the interwebs, so I'm not expecting a silver bullet.

The big issue I've run into is that the salt cell doesn't get enough flow to run in spa mode. So I'm attempting to use the spillway setting to keep it chlorinated. Here's my setup currently:

Sun-Thu - 8am-5pm - pool only, 5pm-7pm - spillway
Fri-Sat - 8am-4pm - pool only, 4pm-7pm - spa mode

We only use the spa at night on the weekends so I have it automated to make sure the solar can run and heat the spa each night. I'm hoping the spillway Sun-Thurs will be enough to keep it clean. Still working out the settings on the IC-20 to keep it chlorinated (50% currently and testing every couple of days - I know, I should have just gotten the IC-40).

One question to confirm my suspicions - the lack of flow to the cell isn't going to screw anything up in spa mode, right?

Otherwise, let me know what you think of my settings.

Thanks!

As little as one hour a day in spillover mode is sufficient to keep the spa chlorinated just fine. However, a three day gap, from Thursday to Sunday will lead to problems. You should adjust the weekend schedule so there is at least one hour of spillover.

As little as one hour a day in spillover mode is sufficient to keep the spa chlorinated just fine. However, a three day gap, from Thursday to Sunday will lead to problems. You should adjust the weekend schedule so there is at least one hour of spillover.

Ok, that's what I was worried about. I'll adjust accordingly.

So when in pool mode, your spa doesn't get water into it to spill over into the pool? It only spills over when you have spill over turned on?

Correct.

Thanks for the replies, guys!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.