First Time Opening Questions

forya

Jun 18, 2013
SE Pa (Bucks County)
Last year we installed a new gunnite Gal 25K in ground pool with a waterfall in SE PA. We bought a Merlin safety cover that was dark in color, and mesh. We got pretty many leaves and worms in it along a small gap on the waterfall side. We just opened it today and hit it with 10 Gals of 12.5% Bleach. In 8 hours the water is mostly blue and I raked out most of the leaves. I do notice there is a ring where the water level was all winter (we have a side drain about 16" below the tiles). Will this work it's way out when I put the robot in (Dauphin d6)? Also the top steps, that were outside of the water all winter seem to have faint cracks in them. Is this something the PB will/should fix? Should it be a warranty issue?

Have you tried brushing along the water line. That may work better than the robot. As for the cracks, that sounds unusual. Can you post pics?

I have been brushing with my pole brush, but it doesn't seem to be doing much. It is a pretty good reach and The cl level is a bit high for me to reach down. The line that is left is about 16 in from the bottom of the tiles, where the water line was for winter
I will get pictures soon

I would definitely consult your pool builder. Not sure what happened if that was above the water line unless the frigid temps caused some shifting

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.