Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Replacing my Liner, Need help choosing company.

1. Back To Top    #1

Replacing my Liner, Need help choosing company.

Hi Guys, I noticed over the past weekend that my liner has called it quits. I have several rips in the corners where I had the liner float when I opened this year. I called the two local pool builders and they gave me the quotes.

pool builder #1
    27 mil Merlin or GLI liner
    installed - 2870.80 plus tax and plus any floor work it might need.
    -it also includes the gaskets and such.

Pool builder #2
    20 - 28 Mil (unsure of brand)
    installed 3895.00 plus tax and plus any floor work it might need.
    -it also includes the gaskets and such.

Pool builder #2 also said he was expecting me to pay about 4500.00 with floor repair based on his experience and my description. pool builder #1 said they would fix the floor for a flat rate of 100.00 an hour. I need soem grout patching done as I have a few spots that are sunken in.

I don't understand why one is so much more than the other, can you help me ask the right questions so I am not missing out on something or choosing the wrong one... I don't want to base it on money.
    Pool 16 x 33.5 Foxx Pool with rounded corners 3.5 at each end and 5+ in the middle (16000 GAL)

Equipment - 300 LB Hayward filter with a Pentair SuperFlo pump (3/4 HP). Also Hayward H series Heater and a dedicated jet for a Polaris 280 with a booster pump (3/4HP). Hayward Chlorinator CL200.

Pool has Main Drain, 2 return Jets with 1 inch eyeballs, a skimmer with floating weir, and the dedicated Polaris jet. Also has a valve for the Waterslide.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Replacing my Liner, Need help choosing company.

Is that 27 mil liner, 27mil all around? A lot of times, (I cant' remember which) the floor or wall is thinner than the other. We did a full 28mil liner, figuring it's worth it. sounds like builder 2 is doing one of those situations, where one is thinner than the other.
    24'x40' 25k gal Imperial Mountain Pond IGP, full 28 mil VynAll Ocean Breakers liner. All Hayward system: 140k BTU HeatPro heat pump, 3/4HP single speed TriStar 2" Pump, DE6020 filter, AquaPlus Automation/Salt Chlorination, remote controls, ColorLogic 4.0 lighting. Polaris 280 w/PB4-60 BP. TF100 & K1766 test kits. Rinox Palazzo pavers and Spherik coping. Pool installed 9/2013, project completed 6/16/14.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Replacing my Liner, Need help choosing company.

it all depends on what pattern I choose... one was quoted at 28 and one was quoted at 20 with free upgrade...
    Pool 16 x 33.5 Foxx Pool with rounded corners 3.5 at each end and 5+ in the middle (16000 GAL)

Equipment - 300 LB Hayward filter with a Pentair SuperFlo pump (3/4 HP). Also Hayward H series Heater and a dedicated jet for a Polaris 280 with a booster pump (3/4HP). Hayward Chlorinator CL200.

Pool has Main Drain, 2 return Jets with 1 inch eyeballs, a skimmer with floating weir, and the dedicated Polaris jet. Also has a valve for the Waterslide.