Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need help with a kiddie pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Question Need help with a kiddie pool

I recently purchased The Sizzlin' Cool Deluxe Blue Rectangular Family Pool (Designed water capacity: 307 gal. Product Dimensions 120" x 72" x 22",) my kids. I really don't want to have to keep emptying it every week, so I have a cover for it as well as a tester kit, and the chemicals to keep it clean and sanitized. I also purchased an Intex trading water pump: 530 gallon pump. I can't seem to get the pump to work. I've tried everything, but still nothing. Any help on how I can keep the pool clean from debris other things (other than a net, which I have,) would be appreciated.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Need help with a kiddie pool

Welcome to TFP!!!

Do you mean that the pump will just not power up? If so, return it and get a functioning one. Is there a GFCI on the plug or the outlet? Could check that too.

As far as cleaning it, a small battery powered vac might be a good solution.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

No the pump turns on, but it won't pump anything. I've tried releasing the air valve on the top of the pump, but it still won't suck in any water or pump any out. The pool doesn't have any hook ups for a pump, so I've tried just putting the hoses over the side of the pool. I've added water to the hoses, but still nothing.

4. Back To Top    #4

Try using a water hose to fill the pumps hose while it's under water and pump turned on. This should help prime it.
    24k Ag pool, cartridge filter, 1.5 hp pump.

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Burbs View Post
    Try using a water hose to fill the pumps hose while it's under water and pump turned on. This should help prime it.
    Tried this and it still won't suck anything up. My neighbor suggested I turn the pump upside down in the pool, and by gosh that worked! I guess that will have to work. Thanks for input though.