Liquid solar cover vs blue solar cover

+ 1 with using a solar cover. You will get a little temp increase with a solar cover but they are best at retaining the water temp over night that you would lose to do evaporation.
You get the most temp increase with the cover off providing its a sunny hot day with little to no wind.
Here's a good place to get Solar Covers

I find I can get my pool really warm by removing the cover and shutting the pump off and letting the sun beat down on the pool verses letting the cover on the pool. I just make sure I cover at night to retain that heat.

I find I can get my pool really warm by removing the cover and shutting the pump off and letting the sun beat down on the pool verses letting the cover on the pool. I just make sure I cover at night to retain that heat.

Very interesting. I will be trying this tomorrow. I just added my solar heater and currently use a solar cover. When just using the cover and having it covered all day I would only notice a slight temp increase at the very top of the pool.

Very interesting. I will be trying this tomorrow. I just added my solar heater and currently use a solar cover. When just using the cover and having it covered all day I would only notice a slight temp increase at the very top of the pool.

Me too. The first 6 inches or so would be very warm, almost hot and the bottom would be ice cold. But I gained over 5 degrees thoroughly (not just a layer) when I shut my pump and filter off on a very sunny, 80 degree day and let the sun beat down on the pool, the whole way through and covered it at night. from 68 - 73 degrees and holding until the weather went south and I plummeted back into the mid 60's. I will be doing the same again as soon as it warms up. :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.