leak in pool...help please

Apr 12, 2014
lousiana
so we set the pool up like 4 months back on a concrete slab, before we set the liner down we sweped well, maybe not well enough, if you go into the pool you can feel a few poking spots around the pool, must of been places in the concrete that had rocks or something that wouldnt sweep away and im guessing but not sure thats the cause of the leak....i know theres a leak cause theres always a 4 or so foot area and another thats like 2 foot around the pool thats wet, its not very big cause it takes like 5 days for the water to reach the top of the return and that or a little after is when i refill it......is there an easy way of finding the spots other then emtying the pool and looking? or should i just go to all the pokey spots and add large patches to them and see if that works?

In the recent years, prior to replacing our liner, I had to detect a couple of leaks. This may not be the recommended method but it worked well for me. First you'll need a diving mask or goggles...you must be able to see clearly, and a small syringe, like .5cc filled with a dark food coloring. I used red. DO NOT use a needle on the tip of the syringe for fear of creating another potential leak. Visually scour the liner. You need to be patient and meticulous. Anything you see that looks questionable gently squeeze out a tiny bit of the food coloring right at the questionable spot. If there's is a leak the food coloring will be drawn into it..at least with mine it did and it was very obvious. Any leaks you find apply a patch. Also, when you prepare a patch its best to cut them in a round shape. I fear the "poking spots" may cause you trouble in the future especially if they're in any way pointed. Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.