Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Large bubble under newly installed inground liner.

1. Back To Top    #1

Large bubble under newly installed inground liner.

So . . .We just got a new liner put in two weeks ago and last week a bubble appeared in the middle of the shallow end of the pool (see attachment). I'm currently overseas so I can't check myself but my wife said it feels like an air bubble as opposed to water behind the liner but we did have some rain preceding the formation of the bubble. We told the company that installed the liner about it for advice but they didn't seem to care. My questions: 1) Is it related to the installation 2)Is it water or air in that bubble? 3) What can we do to fix it? 4) What can we do to make sure it doesn't happen again?

Thanks for any constructive advice
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Large bubble under newly installed inground liner.

Welcome to TFP.

Well, it is certainly not a zit so we can rule that out! It more likely than not is ground water. You can prevent it from happening by installing well points around the pool and pumping the water out periodically through out the Spring.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Re: Large bubble under newly installed inground liner.

I am going to say a water bubble as well. The weight of the water in the pool would push out an air bubble. Actually, it would not let it form
    Unknown make 18' above ground (bought used in 1999) Sparco sand filter. Hayward 100,000 BTu heater. 2 speed pump