Just replaced 350lbs of sand, 2nd day i noticed a pressure drop.

smooth2222

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 25, 2010
michigan
Just replaced 350lbs of sand. starting pressure 18PSi, checked couple hours later dropped to 15psi

yesterday was 18psi to 16psi.

can brand new sand end up channeling? or some other type of problem?

none of the laterals where cracked, actually constructed very strong.

Low presssure usually means a restriction or air on the suction side. It could be as simple as low water allowing a vortex in the skimmer.

It's conceivable something happened inside the filter, but that usually shows up right away. I'd look for air leaks, clogged skimmer, clogged pump basket, a valve in the wrong position, easy stuff like that, first.

Was it "pool sand" that you put back in the filter? If the sand was dirty, I suppose it could have been at a higher pressure initially and then forced some of the finest particles back into the pool but that is pretty doubtful. I'm gonna' think on that some more. I doubt it will happen again but that is interesting....keep us posted.

It certainly couldn't be that VERY fine gauge you got. :oops::oops:

Check your PM's smooth2222

That is quite strange. The "dirty" sand idea I had is bogus......it would only drop once.

I really believe that new psi gauge is accurate but I am (for now) at a loss to explain why your pressure is dropping.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.