Liquid Chlorine % at Pinch-A-Penny (Florida)

May 9, 2012
Longwood, FL
I purchased some liquid chlorine from the pool store today and asked the clerk what % it was. He said it comes off the truck at 13%. When I look on the website this is what is listed---

Available in refillable 2.5 gallon containers

Most affordable and effective chlorine type available

Provides 10-13% available chlorine

That seems like a large % spread when dealing with the pool math calculator. Anyone have a % that they are using for this type of chlorine. I have read on here 10.5%. The older refill jug that the previous owner left behind says 10.5% but the new refillable jug I bought from the store does not list a %.

The clerk also mentioned that you need to use 1 gallon per 10,000 gals to get to shock level. He told me that three times when I asked for the %---since everyone has a different "shock level" does that mean anything, am I missing something :confused:.

Use 12%. That will be close enough. Wholesalers ship the Cholorine @ 13 % or a little higher but it deteriorates a little before it gets to you.

Please disregard that 1/1000 advice from the pool store.....that's foolish.

You get your "shock" level from the FC/CYA chart up in Pool School in the top right corner of the page..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.