Losing most of my vacuum pressure -

e2040

May 20, 2014
Middletown De
Welcome to TFP I started a new thread for your post. Please start a new Thread whenever you have a question or new topic as opposed to posting your question on someone else's Thread (we call that practice "hijacking"). Plus, posting your question in a new Thread is more likely to get responses. --duraleigh, TFP Moderator

Usually,when I put the suction end or round disc end in the skimmer it should be pretty hard to pull out with a good suction . Now I can easily pull it out. It won't allow me to vacuum the pool, pulls right out of the skimmer

Re: Losing pressure while vacuuming

If you vacuum to waste, is the suction power normal? If so, the filter or something on the return side could be causing an issue and you should back wash and check return valves. If suction doesn't return to normal on waste, see if you are getting air in the pump basket. If you're not getting air, I would check the impeller for debris. If you are getting air, find the leak. A suction side leak will be anywhere from the pump to the skimmer and any portion of the vacuum hose exposed to air when it is attached.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.