Intex sand filter

May 25, 2012
I have a Summer Escapes pool with an Intex sand filter it's the 16" 2,650 GPH version. My pump motor is going out I think, because it's making more noise than usual and seems to not be pumping like it used to. Can anyone suggest a replacement pump that would be compatible and maybe of better quality?

Hi Robntex -- I have the same Sand Filter and I'm sorry you are having some issue with yours. Couple of questions: Did you try to Backwash your filter, rinse and put it back on filter mode? I had a similar problem with mine and had to backwash for a solid minute (twice) then rise to get it to flow again....I've had no problems since. Also, did you get all the air out of the lines?

it was the pump going out, a couple days after I posted here it went completely out. it actually locked up. I was three days left on my two year warranty and Intex had a new pump on my doorstep in less than a week. I was impressed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.