Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex sand filter

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex sand filter

I have a Summer Escapes pool with an Intex sand filter it's the 16" 2,650 GPH version. My pump motor is going out I think, because it's making more noise than usual and seems to not be pumping like it used to. Can anyone suggest a replacement pump that would be compatible and maybe of better quality?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intex sand filter

Hi Robntex -- I have the same Sand Filter and I'm sorry you are having some issue with yours. Couple of questions: Did you try to Backwash your filter, rinse and put it back on filter mode? I had a similar problem with mine and had to backwash for a solid minute (twice) then rise to get it to flow again....I've had no problems since. Also, did you get all the air out of the lines?
    18x48 Intex Round Metal pool 6491 gallons Model #54953EG, .75 HP Intex Krystal Clear Sand filter 2800 gph, BBB method, borax 50ppm
    Leslies Deluxe PoolCare OTO Test Kit
    Thru wall skimmer, hard plumbed 1 1/2 sch 40 pvc
    1 large fountain 1 1/2 inch sch 40 pvc, shut off ball valves on all

3. Back To Top    #3
    San Diego, CA

Sounds like dirty filter, what's your filter gauge reading?

Here's how to clean your sand filter:
    Intex AG 14'x42" Ultra Frame | 3357 Gal (3500 Gal from pool calc.)
    Intex 16" Sand Filter/2650 gph pump & Intex 54601EG SWG, Hayward SP1091LX thru-the-wall Skimmer, Intex Magnetic Pool Light, TF-100 test kit w/SpeedStir & Sample Sizer.
    Our first little Intex pool project...

4. Back To Top    #4

it was the pump going out, a couple days after I posted here it went completely out. it actually locked up. I was three days left on my two year warranty and Intex had a new pump on my doorstep in less than a week. I was impressed.