Compupool SWG

It does not make a huge difference when you run the SWG, usually good to have it adding throughout the day though, spread out.

Are you sure the 2 timers are for opposite polarity? If so, then you will not be able to run them at the same time. Many of the newer SWG auto switch polarity every time they come on.

The two timers are not for polarity. The polarity switches automatically. If your pump has a timer, I recommend setting the CPSC to "external timer" and wire it to your pump timer. That way you know for sure that they both run at exactly the same time.

I have a CompuPool SWG.
I run it whenever the pump is on.

My SWG has a way to adjust the output from 10% to 100% so I adjust the SWG to provide the correct chlorine level for my pump time.

I vaguely recall reading that running the SWG on max all the time will shorten the cell life but I do not know that for sure.

I have the CPSC 36 model and it has worked well for me.

From what I understand, you can run a SWG at 10% for one hour, or 100% for 6 minutes, and it will produce the same amount of chlorine. Seems to make sense. So it really comes down to figuring out how much output you need, and how you want that introduced.

That normally indicates that there is not sufficient water flow for the SWG to work correctly. Check to make sure the skimmer(s) are clear, pump strainer basket is clear, and the filter has been backwashed/cleaned recently. This error can also come up if there is a problem with the flow sensor in the SWG.

That normally indicates that there is not sufficient water flow for the SWG to work correctly. Check to make sure the skimmer(s) are clear, pump strainer basket is clear, and the filter has been backwashed/cleaned recently. This error can also come up if there is a problem with the flow sensor in the SWG.

I'll check all of that, where would the flow sensor be located?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

If you have the SWG powered independantly of the pump and are using the internal timer of the SWG, it is possible that the SWG is turning on when the pump is not running, which would cause the "water fault". This is a built in safety to prevent the cell from being powered with no water flow.

It is best to use the "external timer" option on the SWG and wire it to the load side of your pump timer, so it will only turn on when the pump is running.

The flow sensor is built into the cell on your model, so no real way to check it that I know of. Your cell is transparent so you should be able to see if water is flowing through the cell.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If you have the SWG powered independantly of the pump and are using the internal timer of the SWG, it is possible that the SWG is turning on when the pump is not running, which would cause the "water fault". This is a built in safety to prevent the cell from being powered with no water flow.

It is best to use the "external timer" option on the SWG and wire it to the load side of your pump timer, so it will only turn on when the pump is running.

The flow sensor is built into the cell on your model, so no real way to check it that I know of. Your cell is transparent so you should be able to see if water is flowing through the cell.

my pump runs 24/7, and I see plenty of water running through the cell.

Sent from my dumb apple products my work makes me use.

OK, so I would check everything Jason suggested. I know when my water level gets too low the skimmer will suck air intermittently, which sometimes causes a water fault light (and I can see big air bubbles flowing through the SWG). But mine resets itself very quickly after flow is restored.

If all is good, I'd suggest calling Compupool customer service.

Can I ask why you run your pump 24/7? I do also, but I have a VF pump and it runs very slowly. Looks to me that you have a 1 speed pump, I'm betting 6-8 hours a day is plenty.

To be honest I don't know, never was told other wise. I also like to keep the water moving, and my little water feature on my jets help keep the water cooler.

OK, so I would check everything Jason suggested. I know when my water level gets too low the skimmer will suck air intermittently, which sometimes causes a water fault light (and I can see big air bubbles flowing through the SWG). But mine resets itself very quickly after flow is restored.

If all is good, I'd suggest calling Compupool customer service.

There customer service sucks, they have replace the board 2 times, it has always had problems. But I baby it cause I don't want to buy a new system.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.