Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Compupool SWG

  1. Back To Top    #1
    daddycreswell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Lebanon TN
    Posts
    130

    Compupool SWG

    I have a Compupool SWG that has 2 internal times on it. What is the best times o the day to run it? Do I run both polarities at the same time, or different times? Thanks


    16 x 32 18,000 gallon vinyl liner inground pool, Compupool SWG, 1.0HP Pentair pump, sand filter.

  2. Back To Top    #2
    Mod Squad jblizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    37,389

    Re: Compupool SWG

    It does not make a huge difference when you run the SWG, usually good to have it adding throughout the day though, spread out.

    Are you sure the 2 timers are for opposite polarity? If so, then you will not be able to run them at the same time. Many of the newer SWG auto switch polarity every time they come on.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

  3. Back To Top    #3

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    4,052

    Re: Compupool SWG

    The two timers are not for polarity. The polarity switches automatically. If your pump has a timer, I recommend setting the CPSC to "external timer" and wire it to your pump timer. That way you know for sure that they both run at exactly the same time.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

  4. Back To Top    #4

    Re: Compupool SWG

    I have a CompuPool SWG.
    I run it whenever the pump is on.

    My SWG has a way to adjust the output from 10% to 100% so I adjust the SWG to provide the correct chlorine level for my pump time.

    I vaguely recall reading that running the SWG on max all the time will shorten the cell life but I do not know that for sure.

    I have the CPSC 36 model and it has worked well for me.
    "Whatever happened to the guy who drained his whole pool?"
    27,000 gal plaster in-ground
    Compupool 40k SWG from eBay - works great!
    Polaris 380
    Hayward DE
    1.4 HP Hayward Northstar pump
    Two FAFCO Solar Bear panels now heating the pool!

  5. Back To Top    #5

    Re: Compupool SWG

    From what I understand, you can run a SWG at 10% for one hour, or 100% for 6 minutes, and it will produce the same amount of chlorine. Seems to make sense. So it really comes down to figuring out how much output you need, and how you want that introduced.
    37,000 gal IG concrete free-form, Hayward TriStar VS pump, Sta-Rite System 3 cartridge filter, Polaris w/ booster pump, CircuPool RJ60g SWG, Hayward OnCommand w/ remote

  6. Back To Top    #6
    Mod Squad jblizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    37,389

    Re: Compupool SWG

    Usually you determine the required pump run time keep pool clean. Since that costs the most to run. Then set the SWG output to whatever is needed.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

  7. Back To Top    #7
    daddycreswell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Lebanon TN
    Posts
    130

    Re: Compupool SWG

    About every other day I go out and I have a water fault light and the read out says no water, then the next day it's gone.What could be causing this?


    16 x 32 18,000 gallon vinyl liner inground pool, Compupool SWG, 1.0HP Pentair pump, sand filter.

  8. Back To Top    #8
    JasonLion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Silver Spring, MD
    Posts
    37,879

    Re: Compupool SWG

    That normally indicates that there is not sufficient water flow for the SWG to work correctly. Check to make sure the skimmer(s) are clear, pump strainer basket is clear, and the filter has been backwashed/cleaned recently. This error can also come up if there is a problem with the flow sensor in the SWG.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

  9. Back To Top    #9
    daddycreswell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Lebanon TN
    Posts
    130

    Re: Compupool SWG

    Quote Originally Posted by JasonLion View Post
    That normally indicates that there is not sufficient water flow for the SWG to work correctly. Check to make sure the skimmer(s) are clear, pump strainer basket is clear, and the filter has been backwashed/cleaned recently. This error can also come up if there is a problem with the flow sensor in the SWG.
    I'll check all of that, where would the flow sensor be located?

    16 x 32 18,000 gallon vinyl liner inground pool, Compupool SWG, 1.0HP Pentair pump, sand filter.

  10. Back To Top    #10

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    31

    Re: Compupool SWG

    If you have the SWG powered independantly of the pump and are using the internal timer of the SWG, it is possible that the SWG is turning on when the pump is not running, which would cause the "water fault". This is a built in safety to prevent the cell from being powered with no water flow.

    It is best to use the "external timer" option on the SWG and wire it to the load side of your pump timer, so it will only turn on when the pump is running.

    The flow sensor is built into the cell on your model, so no real way to check it that I know of. Your cell is transparent so you should be able to see if water is flowing through the cell.
    24000 gal vinyl IG; CPSC36 SWG, TA-60 Sand Filter

  11. Back To Top    #11
    daddycreswell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Lebanon TN
    Posts
    130

    Re: Compupool SWG

    Quote Originally Posted by masand View Post
    If you have the SWG powered independantly of the pump and are using the internal timer of the SWG, it is possible that the SWG is turning on when the pump is not running, which would cause the "water fault". This is a built in safety to prevent the cell from being powered with no water flow.

    It is best to use the "external timer" option on the SWG and wire it to the load side of your pump timer, so it will only turn on when the pump is running.

    The flow sensor is built into the cell on your model, so no real way to check it that I know of. Your cell is transparent so you should be able to see if water is flowing through the cell.
    my pump runs 24/7, and I see plenty of water running through the cell.


    16 x 32 18,000 gallon vinyl liner inground pool, Compupool SWG, 1.0HP Pentair pump, sand filter.

  12. Back To Top    #12

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    31

    Re: Compupool SWG

    OK, so I would check everything Jason suggested. I know when my water level gets too low the skimmer will suck air intermittently, which sometimes causes a water fault light (and I can see big air bubbles flowing through the SWG). But mine resets itself very quickly after flow is restored.

    If all is good, I'd suggest calling Compupool customer service.
    24000 gal vinyl IG; CPSC36 SWG, TA-60 Sand Filter

  13. Back To Top    #13

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    4,052

    Re: Compupool SWG

    Can I ask why you run your pump 24/7? I do also, but I have a VF pump and it runs very slowly. Looks to me that you have a 1 speed pump, I'm betting 6-8 hours a day is plenty.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

  14. Back To Top    #14
    daddycreswell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Lebanon TN
    Posts
    130

    Re: Compupool SWG

    Quote Originally Posted by RobbieH View Post
    Can I ask why you run your pump 24/7? I do also, but I have a VF pump and it runs very slowly. Looks to me that you have a 1 speed pump, I'm betting 6-8 hours a day is plenty.
    To be honest I don't know, never was told other wise. I also like to keep the water moving, and my little water feature on my jets help keep the water cooler.

    16 x 32 18,000 gallon vinyl liner inground pool, Compupool SWG, 1.0HP Pentair pump, sand filter.

  15. Back To Top    #15
    daddycreswell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Lebanon TN
    Posts
    130

    Re: Compupool SWG

    Quote Originally Posted by masand View Post
    OK, so I would check everything Jason suggested. I know when my water level gets too low the skimmer will suck air intermittently, which sometimes causes a water fault light (and I can see big air bubbles flowing through the SWG). But mine resets itself very quickly after flow is restored.

    If all is good, I'd suggest calling Compupool customer service.
    There customer service sucks, they have replace the board 2 times, it has always had problems. But I baby it cause I don't want to buy a new system.

    16 x 32 18,000 gallon vinyl liner inground pool, Compupool SWG, 1.0HP Pentair pump, sand filter.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •