Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Any idea what this is?

1. Back To Top    #1

Any idea what this is?

Strange thing happening while I vacuum...I get this foamy haze that forms on the surface of the water...like soap residue. I also notice a bit of a prolonged bubble when kids are jumping around or water is disturbed. Skimmer does take it away in a few minutes after vacuuming though....

I am waiting for my proper test kit to arrive, but pool store analysis and test strips says everything is perfect, free chlorine is a little high though at 8.5 but should be down soon.

Last week I put in some Pool First Aid product but other than that, just chlorine tablets and some shock. Water is otherwise crystal clear...

Any ideas?

photo11.jpg
    10,000 gallon, in-ground 19x32, hayward sand filter, 250,000 btu hayward heater, hayward 2 speed 2hp pump, pentair chlorine feeder, 2 aqua genie skimmers, self build!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Any idea what this is?

That is a mild case of foaming, possibly caused by organic oils. Raising FC up towards the high end of the normal range will usually take care of it. CH at 100 or higher also helps.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Maybe a bit more of the first aid product?

http://naturalchemistry.com/Pool_amp...First_Aid.html
    10,000 gallon, in-ground 19x32, hayward sand filter, 250,000 btu hayward heater, hayward 2 speed 2hp pump, pentair chlorine feeder, 2 aqua genie skimmers, self build!

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Maybe a bit more of the first aid product?
    Perhaps, but chlorine will clear it as well. Importantly, I would track down what was in the pool to make it foam in the first place......a cheaper algaecide often is the cause.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School