Largest hole that can be patched?

keogk

May 27, 2012
I had a lot of ice this winter and it put 3 large 8-13 inch gashes in my liner. The closest is about 5 inches from the bottom seam.
Would it be worth even trying to patch holes this big? Liner is only a season old and I hate to replace it so soon. I still have the old liner so I should be able to cut out some decent sized patches

You might try it.
Cut a piece to cover the gash.
Then put another patch on top of the 1st one 2 or 3 inches larger all around
then anther on top of the second one, again, larger all around.

Really dont have much to loose but some glue, and a lot to gain

Looked the pool over last night. Did not take any pics because I did not want to risk dropping phone in 3 inches of water.
I have a total of 8 tears. Largest is 19 inches long and goes from 4 inches above seam \ thru the seam. The smallest is about 7 inches and I am sure their are a few I have not noticed yet. So I am going to replace the liner.
Id like to use a overlap liner since it will save me some cash. Right now I believe I have a j hook liner. Here are some pics of my liner bead and poolToprail1.jpgToprail2.jpg. Will I use the same size liner if I use an overlap. Will I still need to use Overlap liner clips since my bead receiver seems to fit on top of the liner anyway?

You will need to get the liner the same size of the pool. You will also need the plastic strips that hold the liner in place. You can usually order these with the liner. Once you get the liner set, I would imagine that you would need to keep the pictured part and use it as the stabilizer bar and reattach your top rails and cap. Then enjoy the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.