Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Confused in San Carlos

1. Back To Top    #1

Confused in San Carlos

I hope someone can help me, we have a SWG pool. Recently purchase the Taylor K 2006 test kit, so I could get accurate results.

Here are today's results:

FC 4.5
    PH 8.0
    TA 200ppm
    CH 775ppm
    CYA >100

Salt level 7000

Pool temp 88

Is there anyway to get the test results into normal ranges with the salt level being so high? Last week we exchanged 6000gal of pool water w/ fresh and still have high levels. I'm not sure where to start! Muratic acid, water exchange ?

No good pool resources down here, but now that I've found TFP I hope my problems will be getting much smaller. Thank you for your help!
    Becky
    12,600g, IG plaster, Sand Filter, Pentair 1.5HP, Eco-Matic SWG, Built 1/11. Polaris ATV

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Confused in San Carlos

A couple a questions-- how did your salt get so high? And how was it measured? Certainly not with the k-2006 test kit. What does your swg say the min and max salt levels are? I'm relatively certain it's not 7000. One more--if your cya is 100 today after replacing almost 50% of your water do you realize what is before?
    Pool size: 24000gal inground Vinyl-Taylor k-2006 and k-1766 test kits and-speed stir
    Intermatic P1353ME digital timer w/freeze sensor
    CircuPool Si-45 SWCG System
    Polaris 280 vacuum/Polaris PB4-60 boost pump
    Pentair IntelliFlo VS 3hp Pump--Pentair sand filter

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP!

Salt, CYA, and CH can only be lowered by water replacement, and all three need to be lowered significantly. TA can be lowered with muriatic acid, but I would wait until you are done replacing water and see what TA is at that point.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to TFP!!!

With your CYA too high and your salt too high ... you will have to start with replacing more water. There really is no other option.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

My salt test kit is Taylor K-1766. And previous CYA results were >100.. I believe the salt got so high just because we arbitrarily put in too much at one time, we had left the pool unattended for 6 weeks and since that time it's been out of whack.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for the quick response...guess we will order the water truck again to do a replacement.
    Becky
    12,600g, IG plaster, Sand Filter, Pentair 1.5HP, Eco-Matic SWG, Built 1/11. Polaris ATV