Automatic vacuum for above ground pool.

emilye

Apr 29, 2014
Graham, Tx
I have a 14ft intex ultra frame pool. I have dirt and a few leaves that have begun to accumulate on the bottom of the pool. I would like to get a vacuum, but do not know what to get. I have looked at the hayward aquacritters and the lil'shark. I am open to any other suggestions. I do not want to spend more that I need to for my 14ft pool. I have an intex sand filter and pump.

Thank you.

unfortunately, no one on here uses suction vacs, as I found out when I posted a similar question. everyone uses the 1000+ dollar robots which are wayyy out of my price range. that being said, you probably wont be getting too many responses.

searching around for a cheap vac that will pick up dirt on my pool floor (i dont get too many leaves, mainly have cedars where im at) I keep going back to the Barracuda Ranger for 114.00 w/ free ship from amazon. It seems to have good reviews both on amazon and other sites, so I think I will give it a whirl. there is the Kreepy Krauly, but it has near the same reviews and is 2-3 times the price!!! :eek:

my father in law has the Barricuda X3 and loves it. I have been unimpressed with everything I have read on Hayward vacs and other brands.

There is a chinese knock off Kreepy Krauly on amazon for 85 bucks that surprisingly has a bunch of 5 star reviews, but im still skeptical.

I also use the Barracuda Ranger - got it for a deal on craigslist. Works well, hoping it does better around my cake steps vs the ladder from last year. It would clean around, but the guide ring would catch on the ladder bottom.

I have the Stingray Pool Cleaner. It did a decent job on my previous Intex pool. Now I will try it on above ground pool. Will let you know how it performed.

For big leaves and stuff I use the one that came with my last pool, the one you hook a water hose to and it filters thru a nylon bag. For the dirt I use the one we got with this pool, has small roller wheels and brush bristles on the bottom, hooks to the water intake. They have both at WalMart.

I bought an eco jet explorer. It is under 400.00 for my AG 24ft round, about 3 years ago. It is an automatic cleaner. Does a fabulous job. Simple to use as well. I had a bunch of junk on my pool bottom once I got the cover off and it picked up everything. I did take it out to clean the filter bag and then moved a pin on wheel axle to change the pattern and put it back in. I am very pleased and they do have a website.

I use the manual suction vac that came with my pool. The only hassle is hooking it to the skimmer. I am think of plumbing in an open "T" with a ball valve near the skimmer, and just use the open end as my port. Maybe try that this weekend. But the manual vac takes me about 20-30 min to do real good job. It's nice to sit back and appreciate the hard work.:cool: Kinda like cutting the lawn.....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.