Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Does a Stenner Pump = SWG (from a management perspective)?

1. Back To Top    #1

Does a Stenner Pump = SWG (from a management perspective)?

Certainly the hardware is different and the source of chlorine is different (salt cell vs. bleach), but from a management perspective only.

I suppose I'm thinking about primarily from the TFP recommendation on CYA level. If I were to setup a stenner pump to be on whenever the pool pump is on, and I'm dosing chlorine in a way such that I always have a small amount of chlorine going into the pool, would it make sense to raise CYA to the SWG CYA level? If the answer is no, why not? Perhaps this is a chemistry 201 question, but I need to spend a little more time in the kiddie pool before I venture over there.

I'm about to do a water replacement to lower CYA. Stenner pump is on order- will be here in a few days.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Does a Stenner Pump = SWG (from a management perspective)?

No, we have found empirically that a bleach pump should be treated the same as manual bleach addition, not as a SWG.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide
    Canberra Australia

Yup still check it everyday...
    Intex Rectangle 18 x 9 x 52', 4544 gallon (18000 litres), 0.75 hp pool pump, 100 sqft Zodiac Titan Cartridge Filter - 40mm, Stenner Peristaltic Pump chlorine injection system, Intex Over The Wall Skimmer, Intex Fittings with 40mm plumbing Lil Patch Of Heaven. Build/Construction

4. Back To Top    #4
    Phoenix, Az.

I don't think a Stenner needs to be checked daily. But at least once or twice a week I check it over to see if the pump is running good and check on my Bleach levels etc...
    IG, 18K gallons, 100' Perimeter, 565 SF surface area, 980sf interior area, Max Length -36', Max Width - 16', Pentair 520 Clean and Clear Cartridge Filter, Stenner Chemical Injection System (Chlorine, Acid Coming Soon) , Pebble Tech - Blue Granite, Pentair variable speed filter pump, Zodiac MX8 Cleaner, Multi-Colored LED Lighting, Travertine coping & Decking, Boulder Water Fall....