Pentair Minimax Plus 400 Problem

bstway

May 21, 2013
Falls Church, VA
After my usual getting rid of cob webs, leaves etc. my 13 year old heater fire right up again this season. It easily ran for 12 hours and the water was warm. But it stopped with the Heat indicator light out and the service light on with the associated clicking noise. I did more cleaning the next day and it worked for a couple of hours and then stopped. A tech at Pentair deduced it was a water flow problem since it works but shuts off after a while (thus not voltage/gas) and suggested I replace the flow valve assembly. I did that and it ran for six hours before stopping again with the same indicator lights. I think it ran longer than the previous try because the water had cooled down over several days. Anyone have anything like this or ideas what’s happening? It seems more heat oriented than flow oriented to me. Although the unit is old, it’s still clean and heats well.

Did you possible disturb some wires inside when cleaning? With the power of to the unit, check the wires and connectors and make sure they are securely fastened.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.