Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intellibrite LED question

1. Back To Top    #1

Intellibrite LED question

I want to replace my white pool light with the Intellibrite 5G color-changing LED. Simple me thought it would be similar to replacing any old light bulb, but when I try to buy it, I notice it has a 30' cord. What am I supposed to do with that?

http://www.poolsupplyworld.com/Penta...Fchefgod4bgAqQ

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intellibrite LED question

An IntelliBrite is an entire light fixture, not like a bulb at all. There exist LED bulbs for retrofit applications, but not in the IntelliBrite series. If you do go with a retrofit LED, make sure it is compatible with your fixture. Different fixtures have different kinds of light bulb sockets.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Intellibrites or glo-brites are great. Until you have to replace one. They have to pull that cable all the way out and well, if the guy forgot to send a pull string with it he's in for a long day.
    23.6x14 IG free form ~8K gallon, Pentair VS 3050 Intelliflo, GloBrite LED lighting w/IntelliBrite controller, Aztec Cobalt water tile. CLI Carolina Blue pebble finish, Bronze pool cage, 336 sqft Heliocol solar heating. Build Thread and landscaping Solar heating install

4. Back To Top    #4

Are the AmerBrites good for retrofit?

5. Back To Top    #5

AmerBrites are a retrofit style light, designed to screw into existing fixtures. However they only work with AmerLite fixtures. You need to find out what kind of fixture you have to see if they are compatible.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School