Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Stonescapes regular pebble vs. Mini

1. Back To Top    #1

Stonescapes regular pebble vs. Mini

I wanted to hear from all of you out there with stonescapes regular pebble...are you happy with it? How long have you had it? Is it holding up? Is it hard on your feet(especially the kids)? Are you happy you chose the regular Any other regrets or thoughts?
    And I ask the same questions to those of you who have mini, along with, do you wish you would have installed regular instead?
    Thank you so much!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Stonescapes regular pebble vs. Mini

Welcome to the forum!

I did quartz, but someone will answer. From what I have seen and based on my preference for smoothness I'd go with mini for sure.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr

3. Back To Top    #3

Imperial, CA

We are building now and chose mini. We were at a pool party yesterday and they have mini and the kids were in the pool all day. I was in the pool for a while and the mini was very easy on the feet.

I did a lot of research before we decided on mini, plus the party we were at the pool was built by the same person building ours. Basically what I got from the research is, that it's all about the skill of the person doing the plaster job. And mini is going to be easier on your feet than the regular pebble.
    IG shotcrete 32' x 16' rectangular pool; 3 1/2'-6'-4.5' depth.
    Hayward Aqua Rite 40k swg, Stonescapes mini pebble Aqua Cool, auto fill, Pentair intellibrite colored light 12v, Travertine coping, Pentair intelliflo variable speed pump, Pentair 60sf FNS plus DE filter. TF 100 test kit.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Sun City West Arizona (2nd Home)

We live in a Master Planned Community that has several outdoor pools that were finished in Regular Pebble. It does seem a little rough on the feet, especially when you have been in the water for a while. When we had our backyard pool remodeled a couple of years ago, we chose the Mini Pebble for a smoother feel, and have been glad we did. Remember, even the Mini is a Stone Like finish, and will be rougher than plaster. We have had a scrape or two while horsing around with the Grandkids.
    14100 Gal IG MiniPebble, Pentair Intellichlor IC-40 SWG, Sand Filter, Pop Up Cleaning, Intelliflo VS Pump, Aquacal Heatpump/Chiller, 1/4 Acre Desert Landscaped, Lots of Deck. Built in 1984, updated in 2012 and 2014
    "If you don't measure it, you can't manage it!"

5. Back To Top    #5

We're building now and have mini-pebble on our plans. The PB is very popular with 60+ pools per year including some over 300K. Quite surprisingly, he claims to have only done one other mini-pebble in all these years. I guess I'll be #2.
    Last edited by dmann33; 05-30-2014 at 07:29 AM. Reason: typo
    CPO (15 years) 23K freeform Aqua Blue Mini, Omnilogic, Echostar, Colorlogic (2x12v), Jandy Laminars, Polaris 280, Dolphin M4

6. Back To Top    #6
    Houston TX

we have stonescapes mini-pebble aqua blue

we really like the color & like the mini over the regular but some of the kiddos (11-12 yr olds) are still complaining of a few scrapes when playing in the pool

it seems to be a little hard on the girls swimsuits too

I might look for a smoother finish ( wet edge maybe ? ) if I had it to do over again

are you going to have young kids playing in the pool ? if so maybe look at smoother finishes IMHO
    23k gunite, Stonescapes Mini Aqua Blue w/seashell, Pentair CCP520 cartridge filter, 2 Pentair Intelli-Flo VS pumps, Pentair Mastertemp 400, Pentair EasyTouch 8+wireless controller, Silencer spa blower, 3 Intellibrite LEDs, Pentair Racer cleaner, Pentair 320 chlorinator
    my build