Hi Folks -
Have read with interest many posts on the subject but have my own set of questions as I prepare with my 1st build. Any answers for one or more of these will be greatly appreciated ... please be gentle ... I am not a contractor but "journeyman" with plenty of life experience !
Project background (pics/drawings not supplied at this point) however I have made some drawings. L-shaped frame on patio facing pool. Left module heading south (perpendicular) away from back of house for 4 feet with 28x28" module on end. Front module heading west (parallel) to the house for 5 or 6 feet (haven't decided yet) with raised bar counter (12-18 "). All modules 28" depth. Grill placed in left module. Will have cutouts for drawers/doors and probably a frig on front module. Have a drain strip for pool running in front of of area (east/west) but it is not square to the wall of the house (probably 4 inches difference from left to right edge of area). However, when I drew the lines on patio (square to wall) it is obvious that the left side (facing the wall) of the module would be on the edge of the strip and right side would be 4 inches off the strip. Doesn't look right obviously ... so first question:
Should I just lay out square to the strip ??
(2) Do I bolt in Trex footing into patio and just screw bottom plates to the Trex ? Assume concrete screws thru both ?
(3) Haven't worked with metal before and feel like I want to cut on chop saw ... which blade is best and not expensive ?
(4) What is the common method for the raised bar/counter hidden supports ??
(5) What is the common length of the inside corner supports for each wall of the modules?
(6) Is there a definitive guide (have seen the symphonybbq.com manual advertised) for framing this thing?
(7) It looks like any cross fittings I may have are made from studs with cutouts/folds ... is this accurate ?
(8) Looking to make a "self-contained" cover (directly within the island) vs. attachements to the house. I have seen the Tiki coverings but was looking for something different. Any examples or ideas?
(9) Any links to how to make the various cut-outs??
(10) Will electrician get permit to run power or do I have to do that?
I am looking to stucco the body and tile the tops. Enough for now ... thanks so much for any help or input!