intex thru the wall skimmer

Feb 22, 2012
alabama
hey everybody. I am thinking of purchasing a heritage standard thru the wall skimmer from wal-mart. Does anyone know if I will need an adapter to connect the skimmer to the intex hose? And if so, does anyone have a better way to do this than to purchase an adapter? I am not going to hard plumb. I will be using the intex hose.

If you have the 1-1/2" hoses, you could carefully cut the flange off of one end, remove the threaded ring, and use hose clamps to secure it to the included adapter.

With the 1-1/4" hoses, no problem. they'll fit right on.

Thank you Charlie_R. I am not even sure what the size is. We bought the pool used last year and are using the hoses that came with it. The wal-mart web site states that this particular skimmer comes with an adapter for both of the sizes you mentioned. For some reason, I had it in my head that the intex hoses were neither of these sizes?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.