Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: intex thru the wall skimmer

1. Back To Top    #1

intex thru the wall skimmer

hey everybody. I am thinking of purchasing a heritage standard thru the wall skimmer from wal-mart. Does anyone know if I will need an adapter to connect the skimmer to the intex hose? And if so, does anyone have a better way to do this than to purchase an adapter? I am not going to hard plumb. I will be using the intex hose.
    18x52 round intex ultra frame
    vinyl

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: intex thru the wall skimmer

If you have the 1-1/2" hoses, you could carefully cut the flange off of one end, remove the threaded ring, and use hose clamps to secure it to the included adapter.

With the 1-1/4" hoses, no problem. they'll fit right on.
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you Charlie_R. I am not even sure what the size is. We bought the pool used last year and are using the hoses that came with it. The wal-mart web site states that this particular skimmer comes with an adapter for both of the sizes you mentioned. For some reason, I had it in my head that the intex hoses were neither of these sizes?
    vinyl

4. Back To Top    #4

Actually, they are 35mm and 40mm, however those sizes are close enough to the 1-1/4 and 1-1/2 nominal sizes.
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

5. Back To Top    #5

Ahhh! ok. Thank you so much. I was a bit confused about that. You help me a lot
    vinyl