Ok, the pool's dead.
I had not even done anything yet and when I woke up the next morning the pool was "on" but it wasn't doing anything. The PSI was 0. I think I've made it worse now though?
Here is what I did:
1. Tried to run backwash but did it wrong. I think I was basically emptying the pool? The water level was going down. I turned the lever to "unlock" but didn't pull it up. PSI went up to 7 there for a very brief time, then fell back down.
2. Figured the above out and then ran backwash the correct way. (I hope)
3. Pool still wouldn't "work" ... I'm thinking this has something to do with the PSI?? I think here is where I made a very bad error because I opened the item that said "Do not overtighten" while the pump was on. I'm sure I probably made things worse?? I also tightened the screw that is by the PSI gauge as it was more than half-unscrewed (could be another error?)
4. Ran backwash again (just thought maybe reversal process would "build up" PSI?)
5. Added water to pool but level just kept getting lower and lower.
6. Shut off pool - probably bad idea but I was afraid to burn pump out (if even possible?)
I'm at a loss here. I think this PSI is the issue, but how do I build back up the pressure?
But again please note, pool was already PSI 0 before I even did anything and yes, that lever is in the down position and the skimmers are clean.