Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Anyone else have self leveling ground?

1. Back To Top    #1

Anyone else have self leveling ground?

....lol
    I think I own self leveling soil. Last year I installed Intex 14x42. Thought I had the ground level...but once filled it was off...I think if I remember. ..it was off almost one square or 3/4" or so. (maybe an inch)
    Anyhow...I said I'd live with it.

Now this year I just opend the pool and it is perfectly level!!!!
    Lol....yep....self leveling soil....hahaha

I think what it is.....I live in Florida and the water table level here is very high. (Swamp behind my 2 acres)
    One winter I dug down six inches and hit water. Anyhow....a few weeks ago we got flooded badly. So...with the flooding and soft groumd...some how my pool leveled out.

.....just hope one day I don't look out and pool is gone into a sink hole...lol
    Intex Ultra Frame 18' x 52"
    Intex 3000 gph Sand Filter Pump, Intex Salt Water System SWG
    Hayward Thru Wall Skimmer and stock return line
    Two Hayward I lets
    Florida/Alabama

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Anyone else have self leveling ground?

Well, that's great for now! Keep an eye on it, hopefully it will stay put!
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Kyles, I know what you mean. About the high water table, storms, general Florida stuff. I also live in NE Fl. Jacksonville actually. The month I set my pool up a really big storm hit (don't remember the storms name) I had almost as much water on the ground as I had in my pool! I never realized just how much rain and how many storms we actually got until I set up the pool!

The day I set it up, it started raining and put too much water in the liner for me to be able to get all the wrinkles out.

As for you self leveling ground, amazing! swim on!

If it does disappear into a sink hole, drop in your garden hose. Instant in-ground-pool!
    Angie M.
    AG, 26' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame, vinyl, 14667 gal. And LOVING it!!! Hayward S15922S 1HP, 2SP pump and Hayward S220T Sand Filter. Hard plumbed with PVC, added second return, intex SWG, Hydro Pool widemouth skimmer. Set up in May 2012!
    N.E. Florida. TF100 - Best investment EVER! (Well, for the pool anyway)

4. Back To Top    #4

Sometimes there's just no substitute for pure blind luck!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

5. Back To Top    #5

Too true Woody

Angie M.
    AG, 26' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame, vinyl, 14667 gal. And LOVING it!!! Hayward S15922S 1HP, 2SP pump and Hayward S220T Sand Filter. Hard plumbed with PVC, added second return, intex SWG, Hydro Pool widemouth skimmer. Set up in May 2012!
    N.E. Florida. TF100 - Best investment EVER! (Well, for the pool anyway)

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Taterfink View Post
    Kyles, I know what you mean. About the high water table, storms, general Florida stuff. I also live in NE Fl. Jacksonville actually. The month I set my pool up a really big storm hit (don't remember the storms name) I had almost as much water on the ground as I had in my pool! I never realized just how much rain and how many storms we actually got until I set up the pool!

The day I set it up, it started raining and put too much water in the liner for me to be able to get all the wrinkles out.

As for you self leveling ground, amazing! swim on!

If it does disappear into a sink hole, drop in your garden hose. Instant in-ground-pool!
    Lol....only issue with that is those darn Water Moccasins (cottonmouths) I kill a handful a year in my pond which is only 75-85 ft away.

....and the dumb luck....yep

My ground is very soft. Most if the time I can leave footprint divets....but I'm 6'1" 280lbs....lol
    Intex Ultra Frame 18' x 52"
    Intex 3000 gph Sand Filter Pump, Intex Salt Water System SWG
    Hayward Thru Wall Skimmer and stock return line
    Two Hayward I lets
    Florida/Alabama