Metal testing kits

Jul 6, 2013
Scotch Plains, NJ
Hi everyone -

I periodically have metal staining in my liner pool. I am suffering with it right now (confirmed with a Vitamin C test). I checked the site and I am finding the copper and iron test on tftestkits.net. Are there any other metals I should be on the lookout for kits on and also, just confirming, they are only sold separately and not in a combo kit, etc? The Item numbers are K-1716 and K-1730.

I would like to get the kits to I can confirm the best approach for treatment but I dont yet know metal it is in the pool; does the Vitamin C test indicate one or the other typically?

Many thanks for your help!
Lorraine

When vitamin C works you almost always have iron stains.

There are some other possible metals, but they are quite rare and the test kits are expensive.

If you have repeated staining, you are not using enough sequestrant. Sequestrant bonds to the metals in the water and holds on to them so they can't form stains.

Jason -

Thanks, I'll order the iron kit and start with that. We aren't using any sequestrant as I've never quite known what it was or how to address it to keep it at bay. I'm having some cloudiness issues with the pool now, so I'm running elevated chlorine levels. Once I get those cleared up I will move on to this, but will get the kit ordered today so I have it ready.

Thanks for confirming!
Lorraine

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.