Hi! I am brand new to this forum and to pool ownership. Bought a house 3 months ago that has a 32,000 gallon in ground plaster pool.
I started the opening up process almost two weeks ago. I took a test sample to my pool store 3 days ago and these were the results ...
I already knew the ph and alkalinity needed to be adjusted based on my test strips. I've since tested the alkalinity to be 120 (after adding about 15 lbs if A+... The pool store recommended I added 40!) and the ph is still a little high at 7.8.
I was curious why I wasn't getting a chlorine reading after the initial pool opening shock and they said I had a chlorine lock! So they recommended a non chlorinated shock treatment. I dumped 7lbs of the non chlorinated shock in last night (about 14 hours ago) and the fikter has been running 24 hrs for 3 days. They said to retest in 3 days. And follow up with a regular shock treatment.
I was just wondering if I should be seeing the TC reading drop on my test strips? I tested today and its still the same. What should I be looking for in my readings to make sure the lock treatment is working? How long should it take to break? Will it only break once I follow up with the regular shock?
We're having people over in 6 days and hoping to have the pool swimmable