Pentair Legend Platinum Tail Getting Stuck

jobondur

Dec 13, 2009
Virginia Beach, VA
I have a Pentair Legend Platinum of unknown age (came with the house in 2009) with booster pump and it has started to get its tail stuck in between the wheels and the body of the unit (usually but not always the front right). It either gets up under the unit and then stuck or sometimes it even gets stuck on the top side of the unit. Just quickly looking at it, I don't see anything obvious jumping out at me and I'm worried that if it keeps happening I'm going to strip my gears. Only modification is the tail kept blowing off a while back and I used a stainless steel cable clamp to put it back on.

Any ideas???

I would definitely purchase a tail scrubber sponge (black thing) for the end. That and the hard rubber rings will keep your tail sweep from wearing a hole in the hose. You can purchase a 3 pack for $5.00 Also if you haven't purchased a replacement hose since 2009 your due. They tend to lose their flexibility with age.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.