Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair Legend Platinum Tail Getting Stuck

1. Back To Top    #1

Question Pentair Legend Platinum Tail Getting Stuck

I have a Pentair Legend Platinum of unknown age (came with the house in 2009) with booster pump and it has started to get its tail stuck in between the wheels and the body of the unit (usually but not always the front right). It either gets up under the unit and then stuck or sometimes it even gets stuck on the top side of the unit. Just quickly looking at it, I don't see anything obvious jumping out at me and I'm worried that if it keeps happening I'm going to strip my gears. Only modification is the tail kept blowing off a while back and I used a stainless steel cable clamp to put it back on.

Any ideas???
    30,000 Gallon Inground, Vinyl Liner
    DE Filter & Pentair IC40 SWG
    Pentair Legend Platinum w/ PB4 Booster
    Pentair Kreepy Krawler Prowler Robot

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pentair Legend Platinum Tail Getting Stuck

One thing I did notice when looking at a new tail assembly online is that I do NOT have the black thing on the tip of the tail shown in the picture in the link below. I've never had this, do I need one and will it fix the problem?

http://www.sunplay.com/Pentair-Sweep...5G-p/llb5g.htm

3. Back To Top    #3

I think I may have found the answer to my issue. Turns out you can turn down the pressure of the sweep hose so it doesn't whip around as much via an adjustment screw. I'll try that tonight and see if it fixes the problem.

4. Back To Top    #4

I would definitely purchase a tail scrubber sponge (black thing) for the end. That and the hard rubber rings will keep your tail sweep from wearing a hole in the hose. You can purchase a 3 pack for $5.00 Also if you haven't purchased a replacement hose since 2009 your due. They tend to lose their flexibility with age.
    19x36 IG plaster/Sta-Rite 1hp pump/Sta-Rite cartridge filter/wood burning heater/Legend cleaner3/4hp pump