SWG salt reading vs test strip

Jun 5, 2013
Felton, Delaware
I am curious about this also. Just starting my AGP now and its my first time starting a winterized pool. I am assuming the sensor on the chlorine generator that is less than a year old is still going to be pretty accurate and can be trusted more so that the pool store salt strips?

UPDATE: My SWG is reading 2600ppm and the test strips I recieved with the SWG last year say its only 760ppm. I am having a hard time believing the salt level is that low when I only took 4 or 5 inches of water out of the pool when I closed it last year. I am going to buy new strips from the pool store today to see what those say.

Your test strips are just wrong, ignore them. I wouldn't bother buying new strips, there is no point. The only time to test the salt level separately from the SWG is to check to see if the cell is wearing out, at which point the SWG will read much lower than actual.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.