Crystal clear green water

OK, added AND its amazing how quickly we changed colors! in 1 hour I started seeing the change, by tomorrow it should be all good. I would never have known all this without all of you, thanks so much,,pool party as soon as vacation is over!
Pic 1 Day 21 of slam, Pic 2 and 3 are day 23 ...turning blue!

I really am soooo relieved! I was beginning to give up hope...I actually started this on the Algae Prevention forum under h"How long do I need POP" It was quite a challenge, most of it my own ignorance and lack of POP...but, I have come a long way and so has my pool!

Cindy, glad you're clearing the copper. What the sequestrant does is hold the metal in suspension. This means it can wear off. I have iron and in my case need to add about 16oz of Jack's magic every week to prevent stains, and keep my ph in the 7.2-7.4 range. Your sand filter will also likely clear some of it, but just know that you "may" need to maintain sequestrant levels.

However, I'm not sure if this will be the case or not since its hard to guess how much copper was added.

It turned color because slamming oxidizes the metal. So if the water stays clear but you start to notice any discoloration on the liner, that would be a sign to add more sequestrant. Just letting you know so you can keep an eye on it. Metals are a PITA :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.