Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Mid-renovation; skimmer replacement cost

1. Back To Top    #1

Mid-renovation; skimmer replacement cost

Hi All,

I just started a backyard renovation this morning () which began with the demo of the concrete deck. I wasn't planning on replacing the skimmer but it took a beating during the tear out (it's original, probably 25 years old) and now it's looking like it will be replaced.

So, considering the tear out is complete and the new deck is in the bid, what cost should I be looking at for a new skimmer installed? I was quoted $800 but it will include setting up an auto-fill and adding stand alone suction line for the vacuum. Sound reasonable?

Thanks for your thoughts!
    12K Gal. IG Plaster pool, Pentair Whisperflo 2HP pump, Pentair CCR420 cartridge filter, Hayward Navigator

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Mid-renovation; skimmer replacement cost

Our PB charged $750 per skimmer replacement (we have two). Prices seem to be higher here overall than places where pools are more common (CA, FL, TX).
    35,000 gallon gunite pool, semi-T-shaped, 29x15 shallow end and 16x22 deep end, built in the mid-1970s and renovated 2013-2014 // Polaris 9300 Sport robotic cleaner // Taylor K-2006 ... Learning as we go and so grateful to everyone here for their help! Our reno thread

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for the reply! So that price was with the deck already removed I take it?
    12K Gal. IG Plaster pool, Pentair Whisperflo 2HP pump, Pentair CCR420 cartridge filter, Hayward Navigator

4. Back To Top    #4

Yes - it was part of a larger renovation with complete new deck, plaster, tile, coping, etc, etc.
    35,000 gallon gunite pool, semi-T-shaped, 29x15 shallow end and 16x22 deep end, built in the mid-1970s and renovated 2013-2014 // Polaris 9300 Sport robotic cleaner // Taylor K-2006 ... Learning as we go and so grateful to everyone here for their help! Our reno thread

5. Back To Top    #5

Perfect. Sounds like I'm in the ballpark then.

Thanks again!