First time poster. Take it easy on me.
- Air in pump basketAttachment 29480
WHAT I KNOW:
- Been running without water loss for nearly a week
- When I close the skimmer line (main drain line open) the system performs perfectly
- When I close the main line (skimmer open) I see about 50% water in the pump basket, send air into pool through jets
- When I open both lines I see about 75% water in pump basket, send air into pool through jets
- The skimmer valve is terrible. Turns way too easily.
WHAT I THINK:
- Skimmer valve is shot. I'm pulling air just before I get to the pump basket.
QUESTIONS I HAVE:
- Am I hurting my motor right now running at 3/4 full of water?
- Can I replace the valve by plugging skimmer and closing main line valve?
- Is one valve better than another, the one I have is old and I don't like the style...single union ball valve.